Well since I've received four nominations for a Liebster award in the last little bit, I figured I'd finally follow through with this. First off I'd like to link back to those who nominated me: MV from A New Year...A New blog, Dawn Marie, Sharon Bradshaw and Brandy from Brandy's Bustlings. Thanks :)
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Here are the 5 questions from Brandy:
1. If you have published a book (most of these nominees have, some more than one), describe in three words how it felt that first time? If you have not published a book, how do you think it would feel?
Exciting, terrifying, fantastic.
2. Have you taken part in Blog Blitz before or is this your first time?
I've been a part of the Blog Blitz from the beginning. I love the idea and am so grateful for DL Hammon's beautiful idea.
3. Have you ever run a contest/blog hop from your blog?
I tried to run a blog hop for other authors to promote their book. I had six sign up, but only one participated in the first week so I had to cancel.
4. What is your favorite genre to read?
I love classics! Always have. Always will.
5. Where is your favorite place to write?
Well I don't know that it's my favourite... but it's my only. I always write while sitting on my couch.
Here are the 11 random facts about myself:
1. I can't stand tomatoes yet I love spaghetti sauce and tomato soup.
2. I'm so terrified of cockroaches that when I lived in Singapore I couldn't use our garbage shoot and took a small bag of garbage downstairs to the public garbage can every day.
3. My favourite animal is a hippo.
4. I'm not a very good swimmer and almost drowned once. Well... maybe more than once.
5. Despite #4 I LOVE the water!
6. When I was younger I wanted to be a marine mammal trainer.
7. I believe in LOA
8. I love flowers and get super excited every spring when they start to come out.
9. Everywhere I've lived I've always had a place to escape to when I needed to clear my mind, this place has always been somewhere near water. Ironically however, I have no such place like that at the moment.
10. I lived in the Rocky Mountains in one of my favourite towns; Canmore, Alberta.
11. I have a bad habit of eating something sweet after every meal, except breakfast.
Here are my 11 questions for those I'm tagging:
1. What is your favourite day of the week?
2. What is your favourite TV show?
3. Out of all your family members, who are you closest to?
4. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
5. Who is the one person you've lost contact with over the years and wish you could get in touch with.
6. Do you believe in marriage?
7. Salty or Sweet?
8. What is one of the most beautiful/amazing things you've ever been a witness to.
9. What is one thing you've done to help make a stranger's day better?
10. If you had one wish for the world, what would it be?
11. What made you start blogging?
Feel free to answer any of these questions in the comments, I asked them because I'm truly interested in learning the answers. :)
And here are the 11 bloggers I'm tagging, I don't know if it's cheating but I'm choosing from my list of friends, all people I've met through the A-Z challenge:
1. Amanda Dollak: Parenting from Aaah! to Zzz
2. Amanda Trought- Mixed Media Artist
3.CJ: Ramblings of a Homeschooled Escapee
4. Rebecka Vigus: Ramblings by Rebecka
5. Masked Mom
7. Barbara in Caneyhead: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
8. Jen Forbes: We're living a full life
9. Michelle: Ardour of a Dreamer
10. Lorena: My life with phtographs
11. Dennis & Roberta